About the course
This is an introductory course where students will learn the fundamentals of designing web pages that are functional, accessible, extensible, and aesthetically pleasing. Students will...
- Build web pages using HTML5 with links, images, tables, and forms.
- Use style sheets (CSS3) to add colors, backgrounds, text format, page layout, and basic animations.
- Design web sites that display properly on mobile and touch screen devices.
- Create web graphics optimized for accessibility and quick download.
Students are required to...
- Read the assigned textbook chapters and complete online quizzes to prepare for lecture and labs.
- Meet for lecture two hours per week where the instructor will describe concepts and examples that are not easily understood from the reading alone.
- Meet for lab two hours per week to learn skills and complete activities based on the concepts covered in lecture.
- Complete 3 major projects based on the skills learned in lab.
- Complete a mid-term exam and a comprehensive final exam to demonstrate expert subject knowledge.
About the instructor
Dr. Jami Cotler
...has been teaching at Siena for 20 years. She has taught Introduction to Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Database Applications, Human-Computer Interaction and Stress free computing.
More info »